Friday, February 14, 2014

Extreme ????

here is a link to the audio version, in case you would rather listen to this blog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSsLNd0X9vs

Having Ataxia gets me into all sorts of predicaments, situations, and can result in some bizarre physical contortions, and/or new dance steps. What happened to me about 20 minutes ago is a good example. I have no illusions that I would not survive a 10-round match in an ultimate fighting ring, but I DID just go up against my garden hose. My mistake was turning the water on before I unwound the hose from the carousel. After I pulled out the first 3 feet of hose, it immediately dove to my feet with the spray nozzle pointed up, the water on, and the nozzle locked in the spraying position. I danced, I weaved, I came out of both my shoes, I almost went down, but somehow I stayed on my feet. After several tense moments and a few new dance steps, I was able to redirect the spray and eventually stop the jetting water. Not, however, before the damage was done and I was very wet. This was a fight that was pretty close, real close, and could have gone either way but in the end, I dug deep and pulled out a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment