Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Just A Theory

I am a person who enjoys music, and usually, when I am buying groceries and going up and down the aisles, I do pay attention to and  listen to the music that is being played over the intercom. It's usually pretty tough, but I do try to refrain myself from breaking into dance. There are two reasons for this. The first one being because I don't want to draw attention to myself and I don't want anyone to feel bad about their own dancing skills. But the second reason, which is the most important reason....so actually I guess you could say there really is just one. That reason being because if I even thought about dancing my Ataxia would have me wildly flailing around, I'd lose my balance and take everybody out who happens to be unfortunate enough to be in the frozen food section at the same time as me. The store management would probably think they have a wild hit-man running amok in their store and would most likely call in the swat team to take me out.

Well, I was at the grocery store the other day, and at this particular time, they were playing a song that had approximately four words, of a somewhat suggestive nature, in the whole song. These four words were repeated over and over again, and after the twenty-first time, a theory began to formulate in my mind. I don't know what kind of grades this female artist received in school, but I began to theorize that in a creative writing class at least she most likely had been given the highest marks. I really hate to be so sarcastic towards today's music. I try to like it, I really do and to be honest, there is some good music out there and some very talented musicians. I guess I am just old school and in the words of Bob Seger," Today's music ain't got the same soul, I like that old time rock-n-roll." 

But who really knows what kind of grades that particular female artist received in creative writing, it was just a theory. I'm just an old Ataxian that grew up in the 60's, 70's, and 80's and likes the classics. Now, I know that some of you are older and like music from the 40's and 50's, and what is truly ironic is that someday the music that is current right now will one day be considered classic music, and the music that I like will be deemed to be the moldy oldies.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment